2 Fav Detox Teas Home Recipe!
Updated: Feb 17
Ginger Healing Detox Tea with Turmeric
There has been a lot in the news lately about the amazing healing properties of turmeric, a free-radical-fighting antioxidant-rich curry spice that has been hailed as a defense against both cancer and Alzheimer’s. When we found this tasty recipe for a warming, detoxifying ginger-turmeric tea, we were thrilled: after the holiday season, we figured we could use some detoxing and healing!
Then we tasted it, and were totally hooked: it’s delicious! Ginger and turmeric combine with citrus and maple syrup to make the perfect blend of healing nutrients. We streamlined the recipe to make it ultra-easy, too:
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring water to a boil, then add powdered herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain tea into a mug, add maple syrup and lemon, stirring to combine. Drink warm.
Makes 1 serving.
Spa Cuisine: Peachy Iced Moringa Tea – Recipe
Drinking moringa tea may help you lose weight. Moringa tea raises metabolic rates and speeds up fat oxidation. Moringa tea is also a great immune-enhancing health-booster and great for diegestive health. It helps calm and relax the body while promoting restful sleep
So here is our easy-to-make recipe for moringa tea, but this one tastes so good you’ll never guess how good it is for you! A great, healthy thirst-quencher for hot summer days.
6 moringa tea teabags
6 cups cold water
2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1. Place teabags in a large teapot or pitcher.
2. Put sliced peaches in a saucepan, add cold water, and bring to a brisk boil, then pour water and peaches over teabags.
3. Steep for 6 minutes, then add sweetener (maple syrup, honey or Succanat are recommended). Allow tea to cool, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
4. Include a few peach slices in each glass and serve with a spoon, garnished with a sprig of mint, if you like.
Even Easier Alternative Method: Make a pitcher of moringa tea and add the contents of a can of organic sliced peaches. Chill thoroughly.
Makes 6 servings.